Coronavirus: How many Covid-19 patients in the US are in hospital?
The United States has a plan to reopen the economy in the next few weeks depending on how many people are hospitalized due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The United States is now the country with the most coronavirus cases and deaths in the entire world and many states have prolonged the quarantine period in an attempt to prevent the virus from spreading further. As of the morning of Sunday 12 April the U.S. reports a total of 558,447 cases and 21,991 deaths.
United States president Donald Trump addressed the nation in a video message on Sunday morning and he urged everyone to remain at home and keep practicing social distancing.
On the other hand Dr. Anthony Fauci from the White House is very optimistic about getting the economy back up and running in the next few weeks because the daily number of people being admitted to hospital with Covid-19 infection appears to be decreasing.
“Even though the number of cases keep increasing the number of people hospitalised because of the virus is decreasing and this is a good sign for the country because we can tell people that it is safe to return to work,” Fauci said.
Number of Hospitalised Covid-19 patients in the United States
|New York||33, 244|
|New Jersey||7, 618|
|District of Columbia||0|
According to the data provided by the John Hopkins University, while there are 558,447 Covid-19 positive cases only 82,809 are hospitalised, around 16.9% of the total.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live