Trump fires back after Obama’s accusation of how he has handled Covid-19 outbreak
President Donald Trump said on Sunday Barack Obama’s administration failed terribly handling the swine flu pandemic during his time.
On Friday CNN revealed the conversation that Barack Obama had a call with the Obama Alumni Association, made up of people who served in the 44th president’s administration. On the call Obama made it clear he was extremely unhappy with the way the current President is handling the outbreak. Obama even said “it has been an absolute chaotic disaster.”
During Sunday’s daily briefing President Donald Trump fired back at Barack Obama, “We are getting great marks for the handling of the Coronavirus pandemic, especially the very early ban of people from China, the infectious source, entering the USA. Compare that to the Obama/Sleepy Joe disaster known as H1N1 Swine Flu. Poor marks, bad polls, didn’t have a clue!,” said Trump.
President Donald Trump was referring to the 2009 swine flu pandemic that hit the United States and it killed 12,469 people according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The swine flu can’t be compared to the coronavirus pandemic because of the impact it has had around the world and in the U.S, it has killed 78,799 so the numbers can’t be compared.
The Vice President Mike Pence used Twitter to support Trump and his way of handling the outbreak in the country, “Under President Trump’s decisive leadership, @fema has been able to deliver millions of supplies and PPE to the people of Iowa as we continue our whole-of-America response to the Coronavirus.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane marvels over 'incredible' Ndombele moment of magic in Spurs win
- NFL PLAYOFFS Johnson shines for Bills as defence gets praise
- BUNDESLIGA Lewandowski: more Bundesliga records for Bayern striker
- UFC Khabib considering UFC return but GSP not an option
- NFL How much does Aaron Rodgers earn per year? What was his 2020 income?