Trump abruptly ends press conference after exchange with reporter
During Monday's news conference, President Donald Trump walked away after being asked why new cases of Covid-19 were being reported in the U.S.
For weeks, President Donald Trump has been urging the governors of the 50 states to reopen the economy, end the quarantine period and send children back to school before the academic year ends. He also at some point suggested that consuming disinfectant could be a way of treating Covid-19 only to declare later that it was said as a joke and people shouldn’t take the comment seriously.
On Monday, President Donald Trump walked out early from his news conference after a heated exchange with an Asian-American reporter, telling her to, “Ask China” in response to her question.
The reporter, Weijia Jiang, a White House correspondent for CBS News, asked the president why he sees coronavirus testing as a global competition when more than 80,000 Americans have died from the outbreak. “Maybe that’s a question you should ask China,” answered Trump.
The president has been blaming China and the World Health Organization for the spreading of Covid-19 through poor management and that had they acted quicker and been more open with the global community then we would not have a pandemic on our hands.
Trump storms out of coronavirus press conference after getting called out for a racist comment to an Asian American reporter. Kudos to CNN’s @kaitlancollins who let the reporter follow up with Trump over his racist question. pic.twitter.com/NQySU4P4NH— John Aravosis 🇺🇸 (@aravosis) May 11, 2020
Trump tried to move on to another question but Jiang kept insisting and asked him why his remark was aimed her specifically. Trump replied, "I’m not saying it specifically to anybody. I’m just saying it to anybody that asks a nasty question.”
A few minutes later, Trump ended the press conference and walked away.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?