Second stimulus check in Heroes Act, a proposed $3tn relief package
US Democrats have unveiled the Heroes Act, a $3-trillion coronavirus relief bill that would include a second round of stimulus payments.
House speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday unveiled the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (Heroes) Act, a $3-trillion relief bill aimed at tackling the coronavirus and its economic effects in the US.
It is the most expensive of the five pieces of legislation so far proposed in America as a result of Covid-19’s financial impact.
"Not acting is the most expensive course" - Pelosi
“We must think big for the people, now, because if we don’t it will cost more in lives and livelihood later,” Pelosi said. “Not acting is the most expensive course.”
However, the bill is thought to be unlikely to pass the Republican-controlled Senate.
Second round of stimulus checks
The spending package includes another round of $1,200 stimulus checks for eligible Americans. As part of this proposed second round of payments, the maximum amount for households with dependent children would be increased to $6,000.
$600 unemployment boost maintained
What’s more, the extra $600 per week in unemployment benefits approved as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (Cares) Act would be extended until the end of January 2021.
Further Heroes Act provisions
The Heroes Act would also provide: almost $875 billion for state and local governments, $200 billion in hazard pay for certain essential workers, $850 million for child and family care for essential workers, $75 billion to expand Covid-19 testing and contact tracing, and $100 billion for rental assistance, among other things.
Heroes Act in full
You can consult the Heroes Act in full right here.
Live coverage of the coronavirus crisis
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC Conor McGregor vs Poirier live online: UFC 257 from Fight Island
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: update and rundown on Biden's $1.9 trillion relief bill
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever