Heroes Act: How could it affect new unemployment benefits?
The House of Representatives gave the green light for a $3 trillion coronavirus relief package called the HEROES Act on Friday that could affect unemployment benefits.
On Friday the House of Representatives passed a $3 trillion coronavirus relief package called the HEROES Act that could end up ‘dying’ in the Senate because the Republicans have stated that they don’t approve its current form. If this occurs then millions of Americans won’t receive a second round of stimulus checks and unemployment benefits won’t extend past July, among other provisions.
Since the United States decided to enforce the stay-at-home orders many businesses were forced to shut down during the quarantine period and this left almost 37 million Americans without a job and without health insurance.
Unemployment Benefits that come with the HEROES Act
The Democrats were the ones who presented the HEROES Act in over 1,800 pages and that want to keep helping millions of Americans who are struggling during the coronavirus pandemic. The first victory was on Friday when the House of Representatives approved the bill and now it’s headed to the Repulican-controlled Senate.
So if the bill was approved then the more than 30 million Americans who had to file for unemployment since mid-March due to the economy shutting down in order to prevent the coronavirus from spreading, then the HEROES Act will extend the unemployment benefits that for now are set to end in July.
This means that people who qualify for unemployment will stop receiving the extra $600 of weekly federal unemployment until January 2021. The HEROES Act also includes benefits for unemployment for immigrants, gig workers, independent contractors, part-time workers and self-employed people who will receive aid through March 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?