SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
SpaceX and NASA's historic flight to the International Space Station was postponed on Wednesday, with the next launch window opening on Saturday.
SpaceX and NASA will try again on Saturday afternoon after the launch of their historic spaceflight was postponed due to bad weather on Wednesday.
No commercial company has carried humans into Earth orbit
The mission, called Demo-2, is set to make Elon Musk's SpaceX the first private aerospace company to take humans into Earth's orbit, as it carries NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley to the International Space Station.
It will also be the first manned spaceflight to take off from the United States in almost a decade, since NASA’s Space Shuttle programme was retired in 2011.
Since then, NASA has had to send its astronauts to Russia to travel on Soyuz spacecraft - at a reported cost cost of as much as $86m a seat.
Launch scrubbed minutes before 16:33 lift-off
SpaceX's Falcon 9 was slated to lift off at 16:33 EDT on Wednesday from pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, but the weather conditions in Florida forced launch officials to scrub the attempt 17 minutes before its take-off time.
Today's launch was scrubbed due to weather, but #LaunchAmerica is just getting started! 🚀— NASA (@NASA) May 28, 2020
Our global watch party with @SpaceX continues this Saturday! Join us starting at 11am ET for live coverage. Liftoff is on for 3:22pm ET. Let's do this thing: https://t.co/Y55Xq7g2D2 pic.twitter.com/izxAcPFf6I
Next launch window: 15:22 on Saturday
The next launch window opens up at 15:22 EDT on Saturday, it has been confirmed. There is also a back-up launch window on Sunday, starting at 15:00 EDT.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?