Stimulus check: 15 October is the deadline for non-filers to register
The IRS has set a new deadline to register to obtain your stimulus check worth up to $1,200 as part of the CARES Act that intends to aid Americans amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
In March President Donald Trump signed the $2.2 trillion CARES Act that intended to aid millions of Americans who lost their job because of the coronavirus pandemic. In mid-April the IRS started sending the stimulus relief packages and haven’t stopped since then. So far the government has sent 159 million stimulus checks and an estimated 35 million are still waiting to receive the money.
The stimulus checks give $1,200 per individual or $2,400 per married couple, as well as $500 per child under 17 up to three. The money was first issued to low-to-middle income individuals and families to help them financially through the outbreak, one that saw the US enter recession in February.
Since there are more than 30 million Americans still waiting, the IRS has set a 15 October stimulus check registration deadline for those who do not file taxes. The people that fall in this category are those with incomes below $24,400 for married couples, and $12,200 for individuals.
They are being urged by the IRS to use its “Non-filers tool” to apply for their stimulus payment.
The following information will be required:
- Full name
- Current mailing address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Bank account and Routing number (if you have one)
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number you received from the IRS earlier this year
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7