Candace Owens supports Trump and is against BLM movement
Candace Owens is a 35-year-old African American who criticised George Floyd’s character by saying she spread "falsehoods against the black community.”
Candace Owens is a 35-year-old African American who had a career in finance and was a lifelong Democrat. Owens' political view changed drastically when Donald Trump was elected as president of the United States and she led a new movement called “Blexit”, a black American exit from the Democratic party.
In an interview last week with conservative commentator Glenn Beck, Owens said she is a Trump supporter and that Floyd was not a good person. She pointed to his criminal record and the autopsy report showing he had drugs in his system.
“The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me. Was he really going to turn things around? It’s just not true,” Owens said. She also stated that George Floyd was unworthy of being the one who sparked the huge Black Lives Matter movement across the United States because he was not a role model.
Many celebrities and athletes have said that Candace Owens does not represent the beliefs of the African American community that are protesting all over the country. It is true that Floyd is the face of the movement, but the movement itself is about the collective understanding that any black man or woman’s face could be painted on a mural on any street in America, where police have been killing unarmed black people.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 Can I still file my taxes on Monday 17 May?
- INTERNATIONAL Mancini extends Italy deal until after 2026 World Cup
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer still unsure of Juan Mata's future at Manchester United
- BELGIUM Martínez: Hazard's condition the best he's had for a long time
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with Raúl
- NBA What did Lebron James say about the NBA Play-in?