UAE lifts curfew: restrictions, timings, what can and cannot be done
The NCEMA declares the lifting of the Covid-19-related curfew after completing the national sterilization program.
The National Crisis and Disaster Management Authority has lifted the curfew that was imposed earlier as a measure to contain the Covid-19 spread and to give authorities a chance to carry out a comprehensive sterilization program.
The United Arab Emirates government tweeted on its official account that: “All members of society are allowed to freely enter and exit throughout the day without restrictions".
Complete sterilization across the country
The government announced the completion of its nationwide sterilization program against coronavirus. The program included sterilizing private and public facilities, public transportation, and subway services, and of course, sterilization procedures will continue to take place to ensure the safety of the public.
Normal life with some restrictions
Saif al-Dhaheri, spokesperson for the NCEMA, said: "We stress on the continued efforts by the public to avoid gatherings and family visits to ensure the health and safety of all, and to commit to social distancing measures and the wearing of masks and gloves when leaving the house.”
A nationwide sterilization and disinfection campaign started on 26 March in an attempt to prevent the further spread of Covid-19. The government's plan involved restricting the movement of the public through variable curfew hours.
Coronavirus in UAE
UAE recorded 450 new confirmed cases yesterday as the tally soared up to 46,133 confirmed cases of which 34,405 patients have recovered, while the country recorded 307 deaths as a result of Covid-19 complications.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022