When are schools reopening in Nigeria?
Nigeria decided to gradually re-open schools and the dates are to be announced soon.
As a part of Nigeria's plan to ease lockdown restrictions and bring life back to normal, authorities in Nigeria have approved the partial re-opening of some schools, while many parents and teachers expressed their concerns over students' return to school.
Benue State Executive Council (SEC), has approved the partial re-opening of schools, and emphasised the importance of following the measures recommended by the presidential task force on Covid-19.
Following the SEC weekly meeting held, on Wednesday, Commissioner for Information, Culture, and Tourism Ms. Ngunan Addingi confirmed that schools will firstly open for primary six pupils along with JSS3 and SS3 classes.
Addingi added, "the State Action Committee on Covid-19 will further meet with the Ministry of Education to work out modalities on protocols to be observed and a date for the re-opening of schools agreed on".
However many school teachers and parents are not very supportive of the decision for schools to resume due to the alarming rate of increasing Covid-19 cases across the country. They argue that it would be better for schools to remain suspended until the country completely overcomes the pandemic, as it's very difficult for schools to ensure students' safety amidst the outrageous infection rate.
Coronavirus in Nigeria
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NDCD) has so far reported 26484 confirmed cases, 10152 recovered patients, and 603 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?