When are schools reopening in Nigeria?
Nigeria decided to gradually re-open schools and the dates are to be announced soon.
As a part of Nigeria's plan to ease lockdown restrictions and bring life back to normal, authorities in Nigeria have approved the partial re-opening of some schools, while many parents and teachers expressed their concerns over students' return to school.
Benue State Executive Council (SEC), has approved the partial re-opening of schools, and emphasised the importance of following the measures recommended by the presidential task force on Covid-19.
Following the SEC weekly meeting held, on Wednesday, Commissioner for Information, Culture, and Tourism Ms. Ngunan Addingi confirmed that schools will firstly open for primary six pupils along with JSS3 and SS3 classes.
Addingi added, "the State Action Committee on Covid-19 will further meet with the Ministry of Education to work out modalities on protocols to be observed and a date for the re-opening of schools agreed on".
However many school teachers and parents are not very supportive of the decision for schools to resume due to the alarming rate of increasing Covid-19 cases across the country. They argue that it would be better for schools to remain suspended until the country completely overcomes the pandemic, as it's very difficult for schools to ensure students' safety amidst the outrageous infection rate.
Coronavirus in Nigeria
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NDCD) has so far reported 26484 confirmed cases, 10152 recovered patients, and 603 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon