When are schools reopening in Nigeria?
Nigeria decided to gradually re-open schools and the dates are to be announced soon.
As a part of Nigeria's plan to ease lockdown restrictions and bring life back to normal, authorities in Nigeria have approved the partial re-opening of some schools, while many parents and teachers expressed their concerns over students' return to school.
Benue State Executive Council (SEC), has approved the partial re-opening of schools, and emphasised the importance of following the measures recommended by the presidential task force on Covid-19.
Following the SEC weekly meeting held, on Wednesday, Commissioner for Information, Culture, and Tourism Ms. Ngunan Addingi confirmed that schools will firstly open for primary six pupils along with JSS3 and SS3 classes.
Addingi added, "the State Action Committee on Covid-19 will further meet with the Ministry of Education to work out modalities on protocols to be observed and a date for the re-opening of schools agreed on".
However many school teachers and parents are not very supportive of the decision for schools to resume due to the alarming rate of increasing Covid-19 cases across the country. They argue that it would be better for schools to remain suspended until the country completely overcomes the pandemic, as it's very difficult for schools to ensure students' safety amidst the outrageous infection rate.
Coronavirus in Nigeria
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NDCD) has so far reported 26484 confirmed cases, 10152 recovered patients, and 603 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?