California shuts down for the second time as Covid-19 cases keep increasing
California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered on Monday that all counties in the state must shut down until further notice due to the increase of Covid-19 cases.
As many states in the U.S. are hitting daily records of coronavirus cases, California has announced on Monday that they are shutting down for the second time since the pandemic started in March. The ‘Golden State’ recorded 8,358 new cases on Sunday.
Also for the past few days, California hospitals have reported an increase in the number of new coronavirus patients, growing 28% over a two-week period, and many of the hospitals were almost at maximum capacity. Just Sunday there were 6,485 people hospitalized.
Effective immediately, CA is closing some indoor business operations statewide and additional indoor business operations in counties on @CAPublicHealth Monitoring List for 3 consecutive days.— Office of the Governor of California (@CAgovernor) July 13, 2020
📍Find the updated list of counties here: https://t.co/snYe5v55Rw pic.twitter.com/W3wBJp2ap5
California shutting down until further notice because of coronavirus
California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered all business to close until further notice and he is urging people to wear face masks as many are going outside without one. “Wearing a face covering is critical for keeping people safe and healthy, keeping businesses open and getting people back to work. Do your part and wear a mask,” tweeted Newsom on Monday.
The following businesses have to stop all operations in 30 counties of California, including Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange counties.
- Movie theaters, family entertainment
- Zoos, museums
- Bars must close ALL operations
- Fitness Centers
- Places of worship
- Offices for Non-Critical Sectors
- Personal care services
- Hair salons and barbershops
Earlier on Monday, Los Angeles School District and San Diego Unified issued a joint statement announcing that they will begin the fall school year online as they continue to find the best solution for everyone involved amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT Supreme Court votes to uphold the Affordable Care Act: how does this affect me?
- AMERICAN FAMILY PLAN What is a "death tax" and what's Biden proposal?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 7 live online score: NBA Playoff stats, highlights, updates...
- FATHER'S DAY 2021 Why is Father’s Day celebrated in June?
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020: Spain's options of making the Last 16
- USMNT Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente