Second stimulus check: How much will married couples receive?
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that the second stimulus check could be capped at an annual income of $40,000 as Congress resumes work Monday.
In May the House Democrats approved the HEROES Act, a bill that among other measures would give a second round of stimulus checks to millions of Americasn suffering amid the coronavirus pandemic. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) appeared on MSNBC where she said that she wants to give the people $2,000 a month until January 2021.
“Together, with Bernie Sanders and Ed Markey, I am proposing that we have not just that one-time check of $1,200. Through the course of this pandemic and crisis, we need to give people $2,000 a month as recurrent payments, people below a certain income level, to help them and sustain them through these crises,” said Harris.
As Congress is ready to resume work on 20 July, Sen. Harris, Sanders and Markey introduced the Monthly Economic Crisis Support Act.
- Give up to $2,000 a month to anyone earning up to $120,000 per year.
- The monthly payment begins to phase out starting at $100,000 per year.
- Married couples who file jointly would receive up to $4,000.
- You can receive $2,000 for each dependent (maximum three dependents).
- The legislation would be retroactive to March 2020.
- Every U.S. resident can receive payment, regardless if they file taxes or have a Social Security number.
- The payments would last until three months after the end of the Covid-19 pandemic.
It is expected that Congress approves a stimulus relief package by the end of this week according to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. This new stimulus package should include a second round of payments but it is expected to be less than $1,200 per individual.
Republicans want to send a second stimulus check to those Americans who earn up to $40,000 a year, but Democrats will fight to send a second round of payments to those who earned up to $99,000 of adjusted gross income.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds