James shows his love for Porto amid Benfica rumours
The Real Madrid player has been heavily linked with Benfica, but he made it clear on social media where his heart lies.
The future of James Rodríguez remains very much up in the air. The Colombian attacking midfielder isn't in Zidane's plans at Real Madrid and is free to leave. Now it's up to him to decide where he wants to go after a season where he's barely featured.
In Portugal there have been a host of rumours linking James to Benfica, where Jorge Jesús is taking over as coach and looking to rebuild the side, with the Colombian said to be a possibility.
However, James himself has made it clear pretty quickly where his heart lies in Portugal, posing with a Porto shirt during his family holidays. The Colombian joined Porto in 2010 and was there till 2013 when he moved to Monaco for 45 million euros. "James, always one of us", said the official Porto account.
That wasn't the shout out the account had for their former player, as the community manager posted a video with one of James' best goals from his time at the club. The current Real Madrid responded with a blue heart. Despite the rumours of James to Benfica, it seems like he's still far closer to Porto.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan