James shows his love for Porto amid Benfica rumours
The Real Madrid player has been heavily linked with Benfica, but he made it clear on social media where his heart lies.
The future of James Rodríguez remains very much up in the air. The Colombian attacking midfielder isn't in Zidane's plans at Real Madrid and is free to leave. Now it's up to him to decide where he wants to go after a season where he's barely featured.
In Portugal there have been a host of rumours linking James to Benfica, where Jorge Jesús is taking over as coach and looking to rebuild the side, with the Colombian said to be a possibility.
However, James himself has made it clear pretty quickly where his heart lies in Portugal, posing with a Porto shirt during his family holidays. The Colombian joined Porto in 2010 and was there till 2013 when he moved to Monaco for 45 million euros. "James, always one of us", said the official Porto account.
That wasn't the shout out the account had for their former player, as the community manager posted a video with one of James' best goals from his time at the club. The current Real Madrid responded with a blue heart. Despite the rumours of James to Benfica, it seems like he's still far closer to Porto.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Asensio magic sets up Spain's Olympic final showdown with Brazil
- SOCCER Van Gaal named Netherlands head coach for third time
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest
- NBA Carmelo to join LeBron and the Lakers
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record