Several MLS clubs eyeing Jefferson Farfan
The Peruvian striker ended his contract with Lokomotiv and has several offers from clubs in the MLS including: NYCFC, Inter Miami, Portland and Montreal.
Jefferson Farfan’s contract with Lokomotiv ended this summer. The Peruvian, who arrived in Moscow in 2017, departs after scoring 20 goals in 51 appearances for the club. Now the 35-year-old striker is a free agent and according to ESPN he has several offers on the table to continue his career in Major League Soccer (MLS).
Several teams interested
Farfan is currently back Lima, Peru and thinking over proposals from Inter Miami, Portland Timbers, New York City Football Club and Montreal Impact. Ideally, the veteran would like to play in a team that aspires to win the MLS Cup and whoever he ends up joining, wants to be a regular starter.
While he weighs up his future, Farfan will join Peru’s national team training camp under manager Ricardo Gareca so that he will be in top shape ahead of the continuation of the 2020 MLS season.
Jefferson Farfan started his professional career 19 years ago with Alianza Lima. Since moving away from South America in 2004 he has played for several clubs including: PSV, Schalke 04, Al-Jazira and Lokomotiv Moscow. He has a total 147 goals and given 106 assists as a professional footballer and with the national team he has scored 27 times in 94 appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move