MLS new dates for postponed matches amid Jacob Blake protests
Last Wednesday the players from Major League Soccer decided not to play as a sign of protest for the death of Jacob Blake which affected five games.
Last Wednesday, Major League Soccer players decided to join the NBA players in protesting for the death of Jacob Blake by not playing their respective games. This caused the NBA playoffs to be postponed and rescheduled for 29 August, and now the MLS has announced the new dates for the five games that were put off on Wednesday.
New dates for MLS matchday 3
The MLS announced that the five games in question would be played in the first two weeks of September. With this announcement it was confirmed that the games between Inter Miami and Atlanta United as well as Real Salt Lake and LAFC would be played on 9 September. The first game will be held at the Inter Miami stadium and the second one at the Rio Tinto stadium.
Thereafter, the matches between FC Dallas and Colorado Rapids and San José Earthquakes and Portland Timbers will be played on 16 September. The remaining game, LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders, doesn’t have a set date yet. The league is working with both teams to set a date as soon as possible to continue the 2020 season as the battle continues against the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?