Delhi schools to remain shut until 5 October
The Delhi administration has announced that schools will remain shut until 5 October although teachers may be called in if necessary.
Delhi's government issued a statement saying that all schools would remain closed for students till 5 October due to the spread of Covid-19 in India, while online classes and teaching-learning activities would continue as usual.
The news released by the school branch of the directorate of education also stated that school heads were allowed to call teachers and staff to school, if it was necessary to facilitate conducting online courses, teaching-learning activity, or any other work.
The government had also issued a notice earlier that prevents students from returning back to school under any circumstances before 20 September.
Moreover, as per "Unlock 4" guidelines, schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutes across India - including coaching centers - were supposed to remain closed for students and regular class activities till 30 September, however Delhi's administration felt it was best if the school closure was extended for a further week.
Delhi schools to remain closed for all students till October 5, says Delhi govthttps://t.co/EoZ29mS1Tr— Kerala Times TV (@keralatimestv) September 18, 2020
However, the guidelines had also stated that schools out of containment zones, are allowed to call up to 50% of teaching and non-teaching staff into schools to facilitate the online-learning process.
India, the worst-hit country in the pandemic other than the US, has been struggling with spikes in Covid-19 infections over the past few weeks having reported more than a million new infections in less than 2 weeks.
India's case tally has surpassed 5.2 million infections with more than 84,300 people died of the virus complications.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped