Pavón: Argentina call-up is a sign I'm doing well at LA Galaxy
Cristian Pavón is currently one of the best players in Major League Soccer and in 11 appearances he has scored six goals and provided 11 assists for LA Galaxy.
Cristian Pavón has been LA Galaxy’s best player this season, scoring six goals and supplying 11 assists in 11 appearances this season in Major League Soccer (MLS). When asked about the MVP award, the 24-year-old said that he wants to win it, but his main goal is to win the MLS Cup this year.
His return to Argentina’s national team
Last week Argentina's coach Lionel Scaloni included Pavón in the World Cup qualifying squad for next month’s matches against Ecuador and Bolivia. This is his first call-up to the national team since 2018, because after the World Cup his level dropped, leading Boca Juniors to loan him to LA Galaxy.
The Argentine striker was interviewed by a radio show called Suquía Plus, where he talked about his return to the national team and all the people that doubted he could be called up again.
“If I've made it to the team it is because I am doing things right. I am very happy to return to the national team and I give thanks to God for this new opportunity,” said Pavón.
“Messi is my idol”
When asked about playing alongside Lionel Messi, the LA Galaxy striker didn’t hide his admiration for the captain of Argentina. “Messi is everything to me, he is my idol,” he stated. Pavón is currently focused on LA Galaxy, who will travel to face Real Salt Lake at the Rio Tinto Stadium on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move