Pavón: Argentina call-up is a sign I'm doing well at LA Galaxy
Cristian Pavón is currently one of the best players in Major League Soccer and in 11 appearances he has scored six goals and provided 11 assists for LA Galaxy.
Cristian Pavón has been LA Galaxy’s best player this season, scoring six goals and supplying 11 assists in 11 appearances this season in Major League Soccer (MLS). When asked about the MVP award, the 24-year-old said that he wants to win it, but his main goal is to win the MLS Cup this year.
His return to Argentina’s national team
Last week Argentina's coach Lionel Scaloni included Pavón in the World Cup qualifying squad for next month’s matches against Ecuador and Bolivia. This is his first call-up to the national team since 2018, because after the World Cup his level dropped, leading Boca Juniors to loan him to LA Galaxy.
The Argentine striker was interviewed by a radio show called Suquía Plus, where he talked about his return to the national team and all the people that doubted he could be called up again.
“If I've made it to the team it is because I am doing things right. I am very happy to return to the national team and I give thanks to God for this new opportunity,” said Pavón.
“Messi is my idol”
When asked about playing alongside Lionel Messi, the LA Galaxy striker didn’t hide his admiration for the captain of Argentina. “Messi is everything to me, he is my idol,” he stated. Pavón is currently focused on LA Galaxy, who will travel to face Real Salt Lake at the Rio Tinto Stadium on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates