MLS commissioner Don Garber nominated for 2020 Sports Business Journal award
The 2020 Sports Business Awards will be held virtually on 20 September, recognising excellence, leadership and the power of sports to help and heal.
This year, the Sports Business Journal awards will be held virtually on 30 September due to the coronavirus pandemic and they recognise excellence, leadership and the power of sport to help and heal. The awards have been running since 2008.
MLS among the most prestigious in the sports industry
Major League Soccer has several nominations as they continue to grow as a league by including new franchises - with 26 teams currently involved. This is a special season for MLS which is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
In the near future, the MLS will welcome expansion clubs in Austin, Charlotte, St. Louis and Sacramento to the league. Commissioner Don Garber is nominated for Sports Executive of the Year alongside NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, baseball agent Scott Boras, Roger Penske Entertainment Corp. and ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro.
Allianz Field, home of the Minnesota United FC which was opened during the 2019 season has been nominated for Sports Facility of the Year. The stadium has a capacity for 19,400 people and it is worth $250 million.
Congratulations to this year's #SBJAwards nominees for Sports Facility of the Year! Hats off to @allianzfield, @ChaseCenter, @RMFieldHouse, @tdgarden and #WrigleyField for their extraordinary work this year!— Sports Business Journal (@sbjsbd) September 17, 2020
Honor them with us on September 30: https://t.co/cJbF7OBDyB pic.twitter.com/xiQJuUhNc8
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move