Official: Gonzalo Higuaín joins Inter Miami as Designated Player
The new franchise in Major League Soccer announced on Friday the signing of the Argentine striker as a Designated Player after his contract with Juventus ended.
On Friday 18 September Inter Miami announced the signing of Gonzalo Higuaín and the 32-year-old striker will occupy the third and final spot for designated players. The Argentine striker joins the new Major League Soccer franchise on a free transfer from Juventus. Higuaín started his career at River Plate and then played for some massive clubs: Real Madrid, Napoli, Chelsea and AC Milan.
Without further ado…— Inter Miami CF (@InterMiamiCF) September 18, 2020
Welcome to Inter Miami, Gonzalo Higuaín! pic.twitter.com/tZ8uPkbqeq
"We are pleased to close a deal with Gonzalo and add an experienced and successful goalscorer, who has excelled in the world's best teams and leagues," said Paul McDonough, Inter Miami CF's COO & Sporting Director, in a release.
"Our ownership group has always said our goal is to not only bring elite players to Inter Miami, but also good people that share our ambition and aspiration of making history in North American fútbol, and we're confident we have found that in Gonzalo."
Gonzalo Higuaín: a scoring machine
The Argentine striker has already trained with the rest of the squad and he will be wearing no. 9, although will not play against Atlanta United on 19 September because his international Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P-1 Visa are still pending.
Inter Miami’s head coach Diego Alonso praised the arrival of his new striker, who scored 166 goals in the three teams he played in the Serie A.
“He has a great quality and has played for some of the best clubs in the world and in all of them he’s been a starter, in all of them he’s been successful.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo