Real Madrid: Zidane hits LaLiga hundred after Betis win
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has overseen a century of league wins in just 147 games.
Zinedine Zidane claimed his 100th LaLiga victory as Real Madrid head coach on Saturday.
Real Madrid 100 in 147 for Zidane
Zidane reached the century milestone in Madrid's thrilling 3-2 win over 10-man Real Betis.
The French great, who celebrated his second LaLiga title in charge of Madrid last season, achieved the feat in 147 games.
Zizou has the second-most league victories in Madrid's history, behind Miguel Munoz (257).
In his second stint at the Santiago Bernabeu, Zidane – whose first win came in January 2016 – has seen his Madrid team score 342 goals while only conceding 142.
Madrid earned their first win of the 2020-21 season, following last week's stalemate against Real Sociedad.
After Federico Valverde's 14th-minute opener for Madrid, Betis turned the match on its head with two goals in three minutes via Aissa Mandi and William Carvalho prior to half-time.
Barcelona-owned Emerson scored an own goal three minutes into the second half before being sent off with 23 minutes remaining, and Madrid made the most of their numerical advantage when captain Sergio Ramos converted an 82nd-minute penalty.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August