Mexico’s national team has a positive record under Gerardo Martino
Mexico’s national team has a record of 7 wins and 3 defeats in their last 10 games, but under new coach Gerardo Martino they have only lost once.
The Netherlands will be the first European opponent for Mexico’s national team under Gerardo Martino as coach. He took over in 2019 and he has only lost once in a friendly game against Argentina (4-0) in September 2019 in San Antonio, Texas.
Martino with a positive record
Gerardo Martino was appointed in January 2019 as the new coach of Mexico’s national team and he started on the right foot by defeating Chile and Paraguay in the first FIFA international break of the year.
Then Mexico defeated Venezuela and Ecuador prior to the Gold Cup tournament that year. Mexico ended up winning that tournament and Gerardo Martino won his first trophy with the national team.
Then came his first loss against Argentina in September, 2019. Their next friendly was against Trinidad and Tobago and Mexico won 2-0 with ‘JJ’ Macías and Jesús Angulo scoring a goal each.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic Mexico had to cancel friendly games against Czech Republic, Greece and Colombia. It was not until 30 September that Mexico played its first game post pandemic and they defeated Guatemala 2-0 in the Azteca stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker