Fortnite: How to unlock the Daredevil skin for free
The Marvel Knockout Super Series is underway, with players keen to unlock Fortnite’s Daredevil skin for free before it becomes available in the Item Shop.
Developer Epic Games recently announced the Marvel Knockout Super Series, consisting of four separate competitive cup tournaments where players compete in trios using the Marvel Knockout LTM (Limited Time Mode).
The first competition, officially called the Daredevil Cup, begins on 14 October and top teams around the world will have the chance to earn the Daredevil skin, the latest addition to the Marvel superhero tie-in within Fortnite that is rumoured to soon be adding Black Panther to the mix. After the four cups there will be a Super Final, which will take place on 21 November and will allow teams to compete for a prize of $1 million.
What time does the Daredevil Cup start?
The Marvel Knockout Super Series kicks off on Wednesday, October 14 with a Trios cup celebrating the Man Without Fear, Daredevil. Winners will get early access to his Outfit before it hits the Item Shop. Details here: https://t.co/CtROTz2KYh— Xbox Wire (@XboxWire) October 12, 2020
For those keeping track of the global tournament, here are all regional start times below in Eastern Daylight Time.
- NA East: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT
- NA West: 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. EDT
- Europe: 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. EDT
- Oceania: 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. EDT
- Brazil: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT
- Asia: 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. EDT
- Middle East 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. EDT
There’s been interest from players in Europe, some of whom were seeking out gamers on social media in order to take part and some got lucky too.
How to get the Daredevil Skin
Players participating in the first event must be Division 2 in Arena mode. To do this, they will need at least 250 Hype points.
During the game, teams earn points based on where they finish. This is the scoring system:
- 1st place finish: 25 points
- 2nd place: 10 points
- 3rd or 4th place: 5 points
- 5th to 8th place: 3 points
- 9th to 16th place: 1 point
Players must achieve enough points to rank in the top 100, 200, or 800, based on their region, to get the skin as a reward. The required placements by region are:
- North America (East): 1st to 500th place
- North America (West): 1st to 200th place
- Europe: 1st to 800th place
- Brazil: 1st to 200th place
- Asia: 1st to 100th place
- Oceania: 1st to 100th place
- Middle East: 1st to 100th place
The event will be divided into sessions, with each one lasting three hours and players participating in a maximum of 10 matches in each session.
The good news for those who don’t manage to achieve their goals is that there is a consolation prize, as all players who participate in the four tournaments will receive the exclusive Nexus War Glider.
Is there any other way of getting the Daredevil skin?
If players do not or are unable to participate, or don't reach the required placement to earn the Daredevil skin for free, they can instead wait until Week 9, when the Daredevil skin will be added to the Item Shop. It is not certain exactly how much it will cost, but if it is similar to the Blade and Silver Surfer skins already available, it should sell for around 2,000 V-Bucks.
What are Fortnite V-Bucks and how can you get them for free?
Fortnite V-Bucks are the Battle Royale's in-game currency, which players can use to purchase Battle Passes, emotes, cosmetics, gliders and other loot in Fortnite's Battle Royale, Creative and Save the World modes. While V-Bucks can be bought with real-world money, there's also ways to pick some up for free.
If you have bought Fortnite Save the World you can hoover up free V-Bucks just by logging into the game and claiming the daily login rewards. You can also get free V-Bucks from daily and challenge quests in Save the World: 50 for completing one of each
When are the three remaining tournaments going to take place?
Epic Games has not released the dates of the other three Super Series events yet before the final. As for the possible names, they could correspond to other Marvel heroes that have been depicted in crossover artwork, including Venom, Captain Marvel, and Ghost Rider.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night