Freddy Adu joins Osterlen FF in Sweden's third division
After a two-year hiatus, Freddy Adu will resume his playing career with Swedish third-tier club Osterlen FF, according to multiple reports.
Freddy Adu was on hiatus for two years, but according to Swedish reports the one-time wonder boy is ready to come back and today he signed a deal to play with Osterlen FF from the third division. It has been reported that the 31-year-old will join the team next month.
The one-time phenomenon
Adu came into the spotlight in 2004 when he was 14 years old and made his debut in Major League Soccer with DC United, but his professional career never took off the way everyone thought it would. He was even in several commercials with Pelé, but he could never live up to expectations.
Missed this sport so much and just happy to have the opportunity to be playing again. One step at a time ⚽️💪🏾— Freddy Adu (@FreddyAdu) October 14, 2020
The last time he played professionally was in 2018 with Las Vegas Lights and he hinted a return on his social media, saying: “Happy to have the opportunity to be playing again.”
In 2007 he joined Benfica, where he played for four seasons, making 11 appearances and only scoring two goals. Adu kept playing for different teams as his career imploded and Osterlen FF will be his 14th club.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?