Egypt to host the CAF Champions League final with a condition
After a draw that was held on Friday, Egypt will host the CAF Champions League final in case of an Egyptian Moroccan face-off.
The Confederation of African Football CAF staged a draw on Friday that resulted in Egypt hosting the Champions League final game, should a team from Egypt and another from Morocco make it to the final.
The semi-finals of the competition will witness two Egyptian-Moroccan clashes; Al Ahly vs Wydad Casablanca, and Zamalek vs Raja Casablanca on Saturday and Sunday respectively.
It had been earlier decided that if two Moroccan teams qualify for the final game, it will be held in Morocco, and similarly if both Egyptian giants managed to make it to the final, the game will be held in Egypt.
The draw favoured Egypt in case of Egyptian Moroccan encounter:
The only undecided scenario was the possibility of another Egyptian Moroccan face-off in the final and that's why CAF conducted the draw that favoured Egypt to be the host to the significant event. No other country outside Egypt and Morocco submitted a request to host the game which is why the draw only included the two candidates.
Wydad host Egyptian champions Al-Ahly on Saturday while Moroccan champions Raja hosts Zamalek on Sunday at Mohamed V stadium with the return legs in Cairo scheduled for 23 and 24 October.
The CAF Champions League final will be added to the list of the major African football events hosted by Egypt recently following the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2019 U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster