Sergiño Dest becomes first American to start for Barcelona in Champions League
For the second time in a row Sergiño Dest was part of FC Barcelona’s starting XI, but this time it was in the UEFA Champions League against Ferencváros.
Sergiño Dest keeps making history with FC Barcelona, despite only having played three official games. He made his debut against Sevilla when he replaced Jordi Alba due to an injury and he has now become the first American to play an official game with Barcelona.
Having come on against Sevilla, Ronald Koeman decided to include the 19-year-old in the starting XI against Getafe and he became the first American to start a La Liga match for the Catalonian club. Sergiño Dest has shown he can play as a right or left back and Koeman has been very impressed since his arrival.
Dest's debut in Champions League
For the second game in a row Sergiño Dest was part of Barcelona’s starting XI against Ferencváros for matchday 1 of Champions League Group G and he became the first American to start a UEFA Champions League match for Barcelona. Dest played the entire game and started as a left back.
During the second-half Junior Firpo replaced Sergi Roberto and Koeman switched Dest from left to right back where he played for the remainder of the game. FC Barcelona beat Ferencváros five-nil and with Jordi Alba out for several weeks, the United States international is gaining the trust of Ronald Koeman.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford