Pyramids of Egypt to face RS Berkane in Confederation Cup final
Pyramids will play RS Berkane in the Confederation Cup final, with the Egyptian side hoping to take the title in their maiden final, while the Moroccan team eyes making up for last season's defeat in the final game.
Egyptian team Pyramids have qualified for the African Confederation Cup final for the first time in history following a 2-0 victory over Guinean Horoya AC in the competition's semi-final at Mohamed V Stadium in Casablanca. They will play Moroccan side RS Berkane for the title.
Pyramids have the chance to be named the third Egyptian club to win an African championship on their first attempt in the final following Ismaili and Al Mokawloon Al Arab SC.
Pyramids' first goal was scored by the substitute Ibrahim Hassan two minutes after he was subbed on before Abdalla Al-Said could double the lead two minutes later.
The promising Egyptian team is set to meet with RS Berkane next Sunday who qualified for the final by beating their local opponents Hassania Agadir 2-1 at Complexe Sportif Prince Moulay Abdellah stadium.
This is the second year in a row RS Berkane have reached the final, losing last year's edition to Egyptian Zamalek on penalties.
CAF decided for the competition's semi-finals this year to be held as one-legged encounters due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic.
Pyramids journey to the final:
During their campaign Pyramids managed to eliminate Etoile of Congo, Algerian CR Belouizdad, and beat Al-Masri to the top of their group. They could later knock-out Nouadhibou, Nigerian Enugu Rangers, and Zambian Zanaco.
Guinean squad suffered from covid-19 spread:
Horoya club suffered prior to the face-off with Pyramids as their squad has been hit with the spread of covid-19 infection, however, their coach Lamine N'Diaye stated they were ready for the game and insisted that his team would play for a spot in the final game.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August