Sergio Ramos' presence set to shake up El Clásico
The Real Madrid captain has recovered from the knock sustained in the game against Cádiz and which ruled him out of the midweek defeat to Shakhtar.
“We know that he is our leader and the captain. We will not risk anything, as always. He has recovered and he's going to be with us. It is about being 100% and I think he is there". This was the manner in which Real Madrid coach Zidane confirmed that Sergio Ramos would be available for action in El Clásico as the side from the capital face FC Barcelona today at 16:00 CEST.
Ramos missed the midweek Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk after picking up a knock in last weekend's LaLiga home defeat to Cádiz.
Zizou has always viewed Ramos in a positive manner and both individuals played together for a season in Zidane's last season at Madrid before hanging up his boots. Ramos was one of the players who appealed that the Frenchman to move into the coaching game in 2015 with Zidane confirmed as Real Madrid first team coach in January 2016. Of the 22 titles claimed by Ramos in his time at Real Madrid, half of these have been secured with Zidane on the Bernabéu bench.
Sergio Ramos has played in a record 44 El Clásico games suffering 20 defeats (47%), 14 wins (31%) and involved in 10 draws (22%). He's bagged four headed goals in these games and leads Messi in El Clásico appearances by one game.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night