Alphonso Davies suffers ankle ligament injury against Frankfurt
Bayern Munich defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 5-0 in matchday 5 of the Bundesliga but Davies suffered an injury that will keep him sidelined for six-to-eight weeks.
FC Bayern Munich have confirmed that Alphonso Davies will be sidelined for the next six-to-eight weeks due to an ankle ligament injury suffered against Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday. For the first time this season the Canadian was part of the starting XI but unfortunately for him he got injured in the second minute of the game.
“He has a ligament injury. One ligament is torn, one ligament is partly torn. We are estimating six-to-eight weeks out. When a player of this quality is out, it hurts,” said Bayern coach Hansi Flick after the game.
Bad start to the season for Davies
Davies managed to turn his ankle awkwardly and immediately went to the ground in a lot of pain. It was Thomas Müller who called the doctors immediately, with the German striker later posting a message in his social media saying “Get well soon!”
The Canadian left back was replaced by Lucas Hernández and Bayern Munich won the game 5-0 on matchday 5 of the Bundesliga. This is the second serious ankle injury that has affected the German giants this season: Armindo Sieb suffered a similar injury in his debut against FC Düren.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...