US Elections 2020: Twitter labels Trump tweet "disputed"
The current president claimed on his favourite social media site, "they are trying to STEAL the election"
In a tweet sent around 1 a.m. on election night current president, Donald Trump, claimed, with absolutely no foundation for the claim: "We are up BIG, but they are trying to STEAL the Election. We will never let them do it. Votes cannot be cast after the Polls are closed!"
Twitter reacted to the post by labelling it with the following message: "Some or all of the content shared in this Tweet is disputed and might be misleading about how to participate in an election or another civic process."
Trump tweet labelled and restricted
The ability to share the tweet has also been restricted, while Twitter said in a statement: "We placed a warning on a Tweet from @realDonaldTrump for making a potentially misleading claim about an election. This action is in line with our Civic Integrity Policy.”
Trump claims on late voting
Trump has consistently, and without any basis, made claims about election fraud occurring in this presidential election, particularly in relation to mail-in voting.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?