US Elections 2020: Twitter labels Trump tweet "disputed"
The current president claimed on his favourite social media site, "they are trying to STEAL the election"
In a tweet sent around 1 a.m. on election night current president, Donald Trump, claimed, with absolutely no foundation for the claim: "We are up BIG, but they are trying to STEAL the Election. We will never let them do it. Votes cannot be cast after the Polls are closed!"
Twitter reacted to the post by labelling it with the following message: "Some or all of the content shared in this Tweet is disputed and might be misleading about how to participate in an election or another civic process."
Trump tweet labelled and restricted
The ability to share the tweet has also been restricted, while Twitter said in a statement: "We placed a warning on a Tweet from @realDonaldTrump for making a potentially misleading claim about an election. This action is in line with our Civic Integrity Policy.”
Trump claims on late voting
Trump has consistently, and without any basis, made claims about election fraud occurring in this presidential election, particularly in relation to mail-in voting.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live