Diego Rossi and other LAFC players test positive for Covid-19
Uruguay’s football federation announced on Wednesday that the 2020 Major League Soccer top scorer tested positive for Covid-19 while on international duty.
Bad news for Los Angeles FC who will face the Sounders at Seattle on 24 November - Diego Rossi tested positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Uruguay. The news was confirmed via Twitter on Wednesday by the country’s football federation.
📄 Comunicado de la Asociación Uruguaya de Fútbol - 18/11/2020 pic.twitter.com/Ibhf8kYhWb— AUF (@AUFOficial) November 18, 2020
The 2020 Major League Soccer top scorer didn’t come off the bench in Uruguay’s World Cup qualifiers matches against Colombia and Brazil. Team mate Brian Rodriguez was also part of the team that played in this international break, but he tested negative for coronavirus and he will rejoin the team upon arrival to Los Angeles, California.
Diego Rossi was named the AT&T MLS Young Player of the Year aged 22 and he won the Golden Boot with a total of 14 goals with LAFC during the regular season. Due to the league’s health care protocols amid the pandemic the Uruguayan striker could miss the game against Seattle.
Other LAFC players tested positive
It was also confirmed that Diego Palacios and José Cifuentes have tested positive for Covid-19 while on international duty with Ecuador. All players are under the Major League Soccer health protocols and they will undergo further testing to prevent them from spreading the virus. It is not yet confirmed if the players will miss the first round of play-offs due to the coronavirus.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?