Chivas trolled América with a Tweet from Joe Biden
The team from Guadalajara defeated Club América twice in the quarter-final series of the 2020 Guardianes tournament to advance to the semi-finals.
Chivas and Club América faced each other in the quarter-finals of the 2020 Guardianes tournament this week. This is Mexico’s biggest football rivalry and the team from Guadalajara beat ‘The Eagles’ twice to advance to the semifinals with a final aggregate score of 3-1.
Joe Biden’s tweet
After defeating América 2-1 on Saturday at the Azteca stadium, Chivas used a tweet from the presiden-elect of the United States, Joe Biden, to keep the celebration going. Chivas' English social media team obtained a tweet from Joe Biden that read: “America is Back.”
Biden wrote that tweet back on 24 November when it was almost confirmed that he had won the 2020 Presidential elections.
The English account of Chivas added the word ‘HOME’ to Joe Biden’s tweet, because the team from Guadalajara sent América home after the elimination. Chivas will know its next rival after the conclusion of the two quarter-final games that will be played on Sunday.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22