Spotify Wrapped 2020: how to check your most-listened songs and artist of the year
Streaming service Spotify have launched their annual round-up of each user's favourite music, with a surprise name topping the charts as most popular artist.
It’s that time of year again, streaming platform Spotify have released their annual Wrapped feature giving you a breakdown of your listening trends across the year. Last year’s Spotify Wrapped gave users a look back at the past decade, recording listening trends from the 2010s.
This time it’s back to a 12-month round-up but after a chaotic year Spotify found that our audio habits had changed dramatically. After so much upheaval the streaming service has noticed an increase in nostalgia-themed playlists with an understandable rise in streaming from home. In fact, total listens for public playlists with a ‘work-from-home’ theme were up by an incredible 1,400% between April and May 2020.
Who were the top artists of 2020?
Leading the way with an astonishing 8.3 billion streams worldwide was Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny, who also clinched the title of most-played album for the year. The album, YHLQMDLG, clocked up over 3.3 billion streams, becoming the highest-charting all-Spanish album ever when it debuted at number two on the Billboard 200.
We’re kicking off #2020Wrapped by surprising Bad Bunny with the good news: @sanbenito is @Spotify’s most-streamed artist of 2020! 🔥 Listen to the full reveal on the “For the Record” podcast. https://t.co/krzYkt4mpZ pic.twitter.com/WgRUbpYRJu— Spotify News (@SpotifyNews) December 1, 2020
Second behind Bad Bunny in the most-streamed artist is Drake, who secure top spot last year. Another previously Top Artist to do well this year was The Weeknd who’s song ‘Blinding Lights’ was the most-streamed track of 2020 with an enormous 1.6 billion streams. With that sort of popularity it is no surprise that The Weeknd’s album After Hours was the second-most popular album on Spotify this year.
.@theweeknd’s "Blinding Lights" has now spent a full year on the Hot 100. It ranks in the top 10 for a record extending 41st week.— chart data (@chartdata) November 30, 2020
How do I find my Spotify Wrapped for 2020?
To find out what you’ve been listening to this year, any Spotify user can access their Spotify Wrapped for free on either a computer or mobile device. Both methods will give you a rundown of your favourite tracks and artists but to get the full experience you need to view it on a mobile device.
Everyone: NoBoDy CaReS aBoUt YoUr SpOtiFy wRaPpEd— Bloomberg Technology (@technology) December 2, 2020
Spotify: Our shares just hit a new record https://t.co/FtaGqSFzrD
On mobile device
- To access your full Spotify Wrapped stats you’ll need to use the Spotify app on your iOS or Android device.
- Simply open the Spotify app on your mobile and select the ‘2020 Wrapped’ heading in the homepage.
- Spotify will transform into a social media stories-like interface allowing you to flick through each section at ease.
- If you want to show the world your impeccable taste you can screenshot any of the stories to share them, or wait until the end and Spotify will offer three different Wrapped 2020 images to share.
- If you’re just looking for the basics you can find what you need on the web version of Spotify, which can be accessed through this link
- This will take you to a playlist of all you most-streamed songs
- Also available is a breakdown of your ‘Missed Hits’ and a playlist entitled ‘On Record’ which lets you “dig deeper into some of your top artists of 2020 with a mix of talk and music.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy