Real Madrid fans back Zidane over Pochettino - AS survey
Of the 31,000 fans who participated in an AS survey, 55% backed Zinedine Zindane to continue at Real Madrid, with 45% preferring a new option on the bench.
Real Madrid’s top brass will be considering the path forward for the club should they bow out of the Champions League on 9 December.
Madrid’s faith is in their own hands and a win against Monchengladbach will see them through, however the 2-0 defeat at Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday has generated many doubts about the current project, and particularly around the figure of Zinedine Zidane, the 11 trophy-winning coach who is currently going through his worst moments at the helm.
Majority of Real Madrid fans back Zidane
Despite the current scenario, Zidane still has the support of the squad and particularly a core group of veterans like Sergio Ramos, Luka Modric and Marcelo.
And according to an AS poll, the majority of Real Madrid fans are also backing the French coach who has given them three consecutive Champions League and two LaLiga titles.
Of the 31,000 fans who participated in a survey carried out on AS.com, 55% of voters chose Zidane to stay on over other options.
Growing fanbase support Zidane’s dismissal
The remaining 45% believe that a change of guard could be the solution to Real Madrid’s current crisis, with 33% choosing Mauricio Pochettino as the man for the job, while the remaining 12% have picked current Castilla coach Raúl.
While Zidane continues to have the backing of the majority of fans, it is a slim 10-point advantage in his favour, with the survey revealing that there is a growing base of Madridistas who feel that the Marseille-born coach’s time is up.
Inside the club itself, it is understood that Madrid’s elimination from the Champions League will prompt Zidane’s dismissal.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?