Real Madrid fans back Zidane over Pochettino - AS survey
Of the 31,000 fans who participated in an AS survey, 55% backed Zinedine Zindane to continue at Real Madrid, with 45% preferring a new option on the bench.
Real Madrid’s top brass will be considering the path forward for the club should they bow out of the Champions League on 9 December.
Madrid’s faith is in their own hands and a win against Monchengladbach will see them through, however the 2-0 defeat at Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday has generated many doubts about the current project, and particularly around the figure of Zinedine Zidane, the 11 trophy-winning coach who is currently going through his worst moments at the helm.
Majority of Real Madrid fans back Zidane
Despite the current scenario, Zidane still has the support of the squad and particularly a core group of veterans like Sergio Ramos, Luka Modric and Marcelo.
And according to an AS poll, the majority of Real Madrid fans are also backing the French coach who has given them three consecutive Champions League and two LaLiga titles.
Of the 31,000 fans who participated in a survey carried out on AS.com, 55% of voters chose Zidane to stay on over other options.
Growing fanbase support Zidane’s dismissal
The remaining 45% believe that a change of guard could be the solution to Real Madrid’s current crisis, with 33% choosing Mauricio Pochettino as the man for the job, while the remaining 12% have picked current Castilla coach Raúl.
While Zidane continues to have the backing of the majority of fans, it is a slim 10-point advantage in his favour, with the survey revealing that there is a growing base of Madridistas who feel that the Marseille-born coach’s time is up.
Inside the club itself, it is understood that Madrid’s elimination from the Champions League will prompt Zidane’s dismissal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"