León, first finalists of the 2020 Guardianes tournament
After 180 minutes Club Léon defeated Chivas 2-1 on aggregate to advance to the finals of the 2020 Guardianes tournament and now they await a rival.
After drawing 1-1 in the first leg of the semi-final in Guadalajara, Club León hosted Chivas at the Nou Camp on Saturday night. A 0-0 or 1-1 draw at the end of the 90 minutes will give home team the ticket to the final because in the regular season they ended with the top seed.
Chivas had a difficult task to advance to the final as the last time León lost a game at their home ground was back in 30 November 2020. Out of the 14 games that León have played at the Nou Camp, they have won 13 and drawn just once. Saturday was no different and with a goal from Joel Campbell at the 18th minute, that was enough to defeat Chivas and advance to the final of the tournament.
It was not until the 31st minute that Uriel Antuna threatened for Chivas and crossed ball for Jesús Molina who struck the ball wide.
León had the game under control
The second half started the same as the first, with León letting Chivas have possession. In the 52nd minute Uriel Antuna struck the the post and León managed to out the game and will now face the winners of the second semi-final as Pumas face Cruz Azul.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures