Chivas and León equalized in the first leg of the semi-finals
The semi-finals of the 2020 Guardianes tournament started with a 1-1 draw between Chivas and León at the Akron stadium on Wednesday night.
Prior to this game it was informed by the Liga MX that Isaac Brizuela (Chivas) and David Ramírez (León) tested positive for coronavirus and they will miss the semi-final series of the 2020 Guardianes tournament. So both coaches had to make substitutions for the first leg of the semi-final at the Akron stadium.
Sloppy first half
The first 45 minutes were very sloppy and Chivas barely had one shot, but it was not on target. The most dangerous opportunity was capitalized by the visiting team in the 38th minute. Joel Campbell, who was replacing Ramírez, made a fantastic place on the right side and he crossed the ball to Fernando Navarro who tapped it to score the first goal of the game.
FERNAAAAANDO NAVARROOOOOOO GOL DE LA FIEEEEEERAAAAA pic.twitter.com/woMJBIg4Ym— Club León 🇲🇽 (@clubleonfc) December 3, 2020
The second half was more intense when Chivas brought in Alexis Vega and ‘JJ’ Macías. In the 52nd minute of the game Uriel Antuna received a pass inside the box and León’s goalkeeper tackled him! The referee saw the entire play and gave Chivas a penalty kick. It was Macías who grabbed the ball and with confidence secured the equalizer for Chivas.
By the end of the 90 minutes, León was the most dangerous team and towards the end Raul Gudiño made a brillion double save to keep the draw for Chivas. The second leg will be played on Saturday at the Nou Camp.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?