Mikel Arriola is the new president of the Liga MX
The former candidate for the governorship of Mexico City will replace Enrique Bonilla, who is leaving the league’s presidency after five years in office.
Mikel Arriola was appointed as the new president of the Liga MX starting 1 January 2021 for the beginning of the Clausura tournament. Arriola is a former candidate for the governorship of Mexico City and he will replace Enrique Bonilla, who is leaving the league’s presidency after five years in office.
After the Ordinary Assembly of the Liga MX was celebrated on Monday, it was confirmed the arrival of Mikel Arriola to the presidency. One of his main goals is to collaborate with the Financial Intelligence Unit, an institute that has been investigating the finances of the clubs in Mexico since last year.
“In this assembly I proposed to the members that a second presidency should be created in order to oversee the development of the league and that focuses on landing projects that lead us to grow internationally,” said Enrique Bonilla.
“I want to continue working on creating a unified league with Major League Soccer in the near future and also talk to Alejandro Domínguez, the president of Conmebol, about the Mexican clubs returning to the Copa Libertadores.”
During his presentation at this Assembly, Mikel Arriola talked about his mission with the fans to return to the stadiums amid the coronavirus pandemic for the 2021 Clausura tournament. He also stated that he was thrilled to start his job as president of the Liga MX.
“I am thrilled to start this new chapter in my life and I want to seek the growth of the Liga MX, the Expansion League and the Women’s League. We have to continue supporting the fans and with the covid-19 vaccine, they should be able to open the doors for them.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?