DC United target Gonzalo Pineda for coaching post
The four-time MLS Cup champions have officially interviewed Seattle Sounders assistant Gonzalo Pineda for the head coach job ahead of the 2021 season.
Just before Saturday's 2020 MLS Cup final between Columbus Crew Seattle Sounders, DC United interviewed Gonzalo Pineda for the head coach job next season. Pineda has been the assistant coach for Seattle Sounders for four years and he is ready to move to the next level.
Currently focused with the Sounders
As appealing as the proposal might be for Gonzalo Pineda, he is focused on winning the third championship with Seattle Sounder in four seasons. The 38-year-old is aware that there are other three names on the list for the vacant coaching position at DC United.
The other candidates are former New York Red Bulls coach Chris Armas, former US women’s national team head coach Jill Ellis and Manchester City assistant Rodolfo Burrell. The team from the capital of the United States have declined to comment on the subject as they await for the 2020 season to officially end.
United had a disappointing regular season, winning only five out of 23 games and they ended in the penultimate place in the Easter Conference. For that reason they are keen to hire a coach with experience in Major League Soccer or knowledge of football in the United States.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?