Canada men’s national has invited Arsenal youngster Marcelo Flores
The Arsenal 17-year-old player has been invited to the 28-player Canadian camp between 9-24 January 2021 in a bubble at the IMG Center in Bradenton, Florida.
Marcelo Flores is a Canadian-born forward who is currently playing for Arsenal’s U18 and he has 3 goals, 1 assist in 9 appearances in the U18 Premier League 2020/21 season. The 17-year-old has been invited for the 28-player Canadian camp that is set to start on 9 January and end on the 24 in a bubble at the IMG Center in Bradenton, Florida.
Congratulations to Arsenal youngster Marcelo Flores who has been invited to a Canada Men’s National Team camp next month. pic.twitter.com/yM5zDcGJRr— Chris Wheatley (@ChrisWheatley_) December 23, 2020
Flores has not decided what country he wants to play for
The Arsenal youngster has already participated in the Mexican youth program, because his dad was born there and has dual citizenship. He will join the training camp in January that will include two training scrimmages against opponents that are to be determined and to get to know the project that Canada has to offer ahead of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Since this is a non-FIFA international window, the 28-player roster will include Major League Soccer and Canadian teams. Other big names in this roster include Mark-Anthony Kaye (LAFC), Lucas Cavallini (Vancouver Whitecaps) and Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC).
Canada will start their World Cup qualifying campaign on 25 March at home facing Bermuda and they have to play roughly 20 matches if they want to be in the Qatar 22. After facing Bermuda they will have to play away against Cayman Islands on 28 March, then on 5 June at Aruba and they will end the first round of the qualifiers at home against Suriname on 8 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim