"Jovic would have nothing against returning to Frankfurt"
Eintracht Frankfurt coach Adi Hütter did not shy away from feeding speculation surrounding the possible return of Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic to the Bundesliga club.
Speculation surrounding Luka Jovic’s possible return to Eintracht Frankfurt has not stopped of late. With Frankfurt looking to strengthen their attack after the departure of Bas Dost, the name of Jovic has come up on several occasions.
Jovic left Frankfurt for Real Madrid in 2019 but the Serbian has struggled to find a place for himself in Zinedine’s Zidane side. As a result, many in Germany believe that a return to Frankfurt, where he shone in the season before joining Madrid, could be a good option for the player. This includes the head coach of Frankfurt himself, Adi Hütter, who has suggested that Jovic may look favourably on a move back to the Waldstadion.
Hütter on possible Jovic return
When quizzed about the rumours linking Jovic with the team that launched him on to the world stage, Hütter did not shy away from feeding the speculation.
"It is something that has not escaped anyone," said the Frankfurt boss in reference to the Serbian striker’s possible return to Germany.
"He is getting very few minutes at Real Madrid and, surely, he would have nothing against returning to Frankfurt," he added, with his words having even more significance considering that contact between Eintracht and Jovic himself has never ceased since his departure.
Of course, the main obstacle will continue to be the financial one. The German press have highlighted that Frankfurt would be unable to take on the cost of the salary that Jovic is currently earning at Real Madrid. Again, Hütter spoke frankly on the matter. "It is correct what has been written about what Luka earns per year," stressed the Frankfurt coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?