Santiago Solari needs more time to implement his philosophy at Club América
Club América defeated Atlético San Luis in the first game of the 2021 Guardianes tournament, but players and coaching staff are aware there's room for improvement.
Club América defeated Atlético San Luis 2-1 at the Azteca stadium at the start of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. Unfortunately, Santiago Solari was unable to coach the team because he didn’t receive his work permit on time.
"There is still work to be done" - Adame
Gilberto Adame was in charge of making the decisions on matchday 1 and in the post-match press conference he said there is still room for improvement. The next game for Club América will be against Juárez on Saturday 23 January.
"It will take some time for Solari to implement his idea at Club América and there is still work to be done. Santiago hasn’t had a lot of time with the team, but we are happy with the result against Atl. San Luis and the team should improve each week," said Adame.
Córdova earns América the points with last-minute winner
América obtained the three points thanks to a late goal from Sebastián Córdova in the 89th minute. The midfielder has been a regular starter in the past, but Solari decided to bench him for the beginning of the tournament and he came on in the second half to save the day.
“We need to improve a lot because against Atl. San Luis we didn’t look as sharp as we thought we would. We are aware there is a new head coach, so we need to work extra hard to understand his philosophy, but the important thing is that we won the first three points of the tournament,” added Córdova.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?