Solari watches on as América record win over At. San Luis
The Argentine head coach couldn’t be with his team on the sideline because of work permit issues so was forced to watch from the stands.
Santiago Salari didn’t receive his work permit on time, so he could not be oversee his new team in matchday 1 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament against Atletico San Luis. The Argentine head coach had to watch the game in one of the VIP boxes at the Azteca stadium.
The ‘Eagles’ are solid at home
Club América started the tournament on the the right foot at home with a 2-1 victory against Atletico San Luis.
Mauro Lainez' dream debut— Club América EN (@ClubAmerica_EN) January 10, 2021
The home sprung into life in the 26th minute with Mauro Lainez firiing home with the left boot to open the scoring. This was his debut with Club América and in his first start, he responded with a goal.
The visiting side equalized the game in the 78th minute thanks to Nicolas Ibañez. The striker rising well to drill a powerful header past Ochoa.
América would have the last word on the clash as Sebastián Cordova chipped to give the home side the victory and the three points. For the next fixture (matchday 2) it is expected that Solari will have work permit issues resolved and be with the team when they visit Juárez on 23 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?