Steve Cherundolo admits coaching job offers in Major League Soccer
The former United States defender is ready to come back to Major League Soccer, but now as a head coach for one of the clubs ahead of the 2021 season.
Steve Cherundolo admitted that he has been in talks with several clubs in Major League Soccer over a head coach job ahead of the 2021 season set to start in late March. The former United States Men’s national team defender retired in 2014 after 15 seasons at Hannover 96 in the Bundesliga.
He got his coaching credentials shortly after retiring and he has been involved with Hannover's youth teams since 2014. In April 2015, he was appointed as the assistant coach for the first team and spent one season in the job. The following year he became the head coach of the U-17 academy team.
Over a decade living in Germany
In January 2018, the 41-year-old left Hannover after 19 years being involved with the team as a player and coach, and he signed with VfB Stuttgart to become the assistant of new head coach Tayfun Korkut. A few months later, Cherundolo left because he decided to take a job as part of the coaching staff of the USMNT with interim coach Dave Sarachan.
In talks with several clubs in MLS
He was let go when the USMNT appointed Gregg Berhalter as the new head coach because he brought in his own coaching staff. Recently Cherundolo was interviewed by The Washington Post and he admitted that he has been in talks with various MLS teams about their vacant head coach jobs.
“I feel I am very prepared to make that next step,” Cherundolo told Steven Goff of The Washington Post Sunday report. “I know some people, the first thing that comes to mind is, 'Yeah, you don’t have experience as a head coach with a first team in the men’s game. Yeah, of course, but I’ve done pretty much everything else.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo