USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
Since he started his career with Seattle Sounders, the Major League Soccer side will receive around $200,000 for the $1 million transfer fee.
Before the January transfer window closes Molde and Ferencvaros TC reached a deal for the United States player Henry Wingo. Now the 25-year-old will join the Hungarian club on a nearly $1 million transfer fee and since he started his career with Seattle Sounders, the MLS side should receive close to $200,000.
Wingo played for 18 months at Molde scoring two goals in 23 appearances and Ferencvaros will be his second club in Europe. Since Wingo started at the Sounders Academy and Seattle still holds a 20% sell-on-fee, he is now the second-most valuable transfer in the MLS franchise. The only player who supasses that amount is DeAndre Yedlin who was transferred to Tottenham and then Newcastle.
The United States international couldn’t establish himself as a regular in the starting lineup for Molde due to injuries and he had a few minutes when he first joined the team in 2019. In the 2020 season Wingo settled into a more regular starting role for Molde and even played during the Champions League qualifiers.
He will now move to Ferencvaros, a team that is at the top of the Hungarian league with 38 points in 14 games. They even played in the Champions League, but they were only able to claim one point after playing Barcelona, Juventus and Dynamo Kyiv.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...