Kyle Duncan will join the USMNT January training camp
Due to some players testing positive for coronavirus the United States men’s national team head, Gregg Berhalter, decided to add the New York Red Bulls defender to the camp.
The United States Soccer Federation confirmed that an Under-23 Men’s National Team player has tested positive for coronavirus and will not join the training camp this month in Bradenton, Florida. So the USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter decided to add Kyle Duncan to the roster.
As U.S. Soccer has confirmed that an U-23 USMNT player tested positive for COVID-19 during the camp arrival screening, @NewYorkRedBulls defender @KyleDuncan_6 has been added to the January Camp roster.— U.S. Soccer YNT (@USYNT) January 11, 2021
The player who tested positive is in isolation and following the quarantine protocols established by the U.S. Soccer Federation. The name of the player has not been revealed, but he tested positive on arrival.
Duncan returns to the USMNT
The New York Red Bulls defender played in the match of the U-23 national team against Japan in September 2019. Duncan has been called twice for training camps with the USMNT and he made his debut with the first team in December in the team’s last exhibition match of 2019 against El Salvador.
Kyle Duncan had a breakout season with the New York Red Bulls in 2020. He made 24 appearances and scored three goals during the regular season. The defender wants to join the national team that will participate in the Olympic games during the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest