Khabib tells Dana White: "I'm so many levels above these guys"
Khabib Nurmagomedov seems unlikely to come out of retirement after speaking to UFC president Dana White.
Dana White revealed Khabib Nurmagomedov told him he was "so many levels above" his rivals, making it unlikely the undefeated star will come out of retirement. Khabib (29-0) sensationally retired after beating Justin Gaethje in October last year. White has been pushing for the Russian to return for a 30th fight, but that seems unlikely to happen.
Khabib return unlikely
After Dustin Poirier stunned Conor McGregor in just rounds at UFC 257 this weekend, the UFC president revealed he had a conversation with Khabib. "I did talk to Khabib," White said. "He said to me, 'Dana, be honest with yourself, you know I'm so many levels above these guys, I beat these guys.' I don't know, I don't know, but it doesn't sound very positive so we'll see. I told you guys before he won't hold the division up. He already retired, he's basically retired, I'm the one that's been trying to get him to do one more."
White confirmed McGregor and Poirier would likely fight for the lightweight title if Khabib did not return.
Te recomendamos en English
- American Rescue Plan When will child tax credit be sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK When are the remaining stimulus check and 'plus-up' payments arriving?
- USMNT Two Americans in Champions League semi-finals for first time
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Klopp aware Liverpool face Champions League qualification battle after exit
- PSG PSG put pressure on Mbappé to renew
- PREMIER LEAGUE If Kane wants to leave Tottenham, it's now or never – Shearer