Messi’s most recent contract with Barcelona worth more than 500 million euros
Spanish paper El Mundo reveal the details of the mega-deal: 138 million per season, a renewal bonus of 115 million and a loyalty clause of nearly 78 million
Spanish newspaper El Mundo leads this Sunday with what it reports are the details of Leo Messi’s most recent contract with Barcelona, signed in November 2017 and which runs to 30 June, 2021. The front page splashes with the total value of the contract: €555,237,619, according to the paper, which reports that the agreement was signed in November 2017. Including bonuses Messi was set to earn up to €138 million per season under the contract.
Messi agreed renewal bonus and loyalty bonus
According to El Mundo the contract also provided for two fixed amounts to be paid. A renewal bonus of €115,200,00 and a loyalty bonus of nearly 78 million euros (€77,929,955). According to El Mundo, Messi has now banked 92% of this bonus.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?